Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benjamin Kern <be...@bkern.de> on 2013/05/21 22:31:11 UTC

Date Field

Hi all,

how can I set the time zone for a date field?

<field name="field" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true">

Thanks

Re: Date Field

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
This may help you:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2370171/another-datetime-question

Re: AW: Date Field

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: <field column=" field " xpath="/xpath " dateTimeFormat="MM/yy"/>
:
: Schema.xml
: <field name=" zielfeld " type="date" indexed="true" stored="true">
:
: Result in Solr: 2013-04-30T22:00:00Z
: I think the date should look like this: 2013-05-01T00:00:00Z

Did you check the docs?  if you are using Solr prior to Solr 4.1 what you
are describing looks appropriate if your server is running on a machine
with a UTC offset of 2 hours...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#DateFormatTransformer

-Hoss

AW: Date Field

Posted by Benjamin Kern <be...@bkern.de>.
How is the format of utc string? Example?
thx

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: And DateFormatTransformer does not take timezone into account when it
: parses the text. A bit of a stuck situation.

Gah! .. i'm sorry about my previous response pointing to the wiki .... I
realize now that I missread the docs and replied to quickly.

Alex's response appears correct -- evidently DateFormatTransformer seems
to use the system timezone (ie: the TZ your server is running in) when
parsing dates (unless your date format actually includes a timezone
option).

Re: Date Field

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so we are talking about DataImportHandler as a client. It looks
like the only (documented) way to correct the timezone in DIH is the
evaluator http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#formatDate .
However, I am not sure if evaluator can be used inside DIH.

And DateFormatTransformer does not take timezone into account when it
parses the text. A bit of a stuck situation.

I would try one of the following workarounds:
1) Write your own transformer based on DFT and picking up default
timezone setting from somewhere
2) Chain TemplateTransformer either by itself or before the
DateFormatTransformer (not sure if evaluator spits the date out or
not). Either way, I think you should be able to use the formatDate
function in the transformer
3) Create a Jira and wait (possibly for a while....)

Regards,
   Alex.

AW: Date Field

Re: Date Field