Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Julian Dunn <Ju...@CBC.CA> on 2009/09/16 20:21:18 UTC

browse to artifact directory doesn't work

We're using Archiva 1.2 and can't browse to any artifacts. When I try
this, I get the following (example URL:
http://archiva.nm.cbc.ca/archiva/browse/asm/asm-tree/2.2.1)

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error in JDO during get of Database
object id [asm:asm-tree:2.2.1] of type
org.apache.maven.archiva.model.ArchivaProjectModel using no fetch-group
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:515)
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)
	com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
	com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:99)

The Archiva database is on PostgreSQL.

Can someone help?

- Julian

Re: browse to artifact directory doesn't work

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Julian,

Looks like a similar problem to:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1176

You would need to re-create the database as indicated in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1157 (related issue) to workaround this.

You need to follow these steps to re-create it:
1. Stop Archiva
2. Delete the index directory of the repository (don't forget to delete the
.index dir at the root of the repository directory)
3. Execute *find [REPOSITORY_DIRECTORY_NAME] | xargs touch* at the base
directory where the repository resides
4. Start Archiva

The repositories will be scanned during startup.

Thanks,
Deng