Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com> on 2002/09/04 00:43:52 UTC

JUnit task barfs on Linux on empty jvmarg value

This one hit us maybe a year and a half ago, but we only figured it out
now. If you call JUnit with fork="yes", and specify a blank jvmarg
         <jvmarg value=""/>
you will get
    [junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
with no stack trace or other information. You may ask why we would call
it with a blank value, but in fact we had a property in there that would
sometimes get expanded to something, and sometimes to nothing.

This is not a problem on Windows or Solaris (have not tried Solaris for
a while).

Note that I have not tried the recently release 1.5.1 beta, but I did
not see this on the list of changes.