Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Cetrulo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 23:49:51 UTC

is it bad to have lots of column families?

in a traditional database it's not a good a idea to have hundreds of tables
but is it also bad to have hundreds of column families in cassandra? thank
you.

Re: is it bad to have lots of column families?

Posted by Vitalii Tymchyshyn <ti...@gmail.com>.
Yes, as far as I know. Note, that it's not full index, but "sampling"
one. See index_interval configuration parameter and it's description.
As of bloom filters, it's not configurable now, yet there is a ticket
with a patch that should make it configurable.

05.01.12 22:45, Carlo Pires написав(ла):

--
Best regards,
  Vitalii Tymchyshyn

Re: is it bad to have lots of column families?

Posted by Carlo Pires <ca...@gmail.com>.

--
  Carlo Pires
  62 8209-1444 TIM

Re: is it bad to have lots of column families?

Posted by Віталій Тимчишин <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe <wa...@gmail.com>.
My 0.8 production cluster contains around 150 CFs spread across 5
keyspaces. Haven't found that to be an issue (yet?).
Some of them are huge (dozens of GB), some are tiny (some MB).

Cheers

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Sort of. Depends.