Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 00:57:38 UTC

ant build error in trunk

What does this mean? And should this be something in trunk?

common.compile-core:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /lucid/lance/open/lusolr/3.x/lucene/build/classes/java
    [javac] Compiling 422 source files to
/lucid/lance/open/lusolr/3.x/lucene/build/classes/java
    [javac] warning: [path] bad path element
"/usr/share/ant/lib/hamcrest-core.jar": no such file or directory

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

RE: ant build error in trunk

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
This is an ANT bug. The problem is that ants classpath generator adds somehow each listed jar file to each directoy it *may* be in. So it generates impossible filenames. This happens when you add an ~/.ant/lib folder or add a "-lib" parameter to your ant cmd line call. Javac prints a warning for each classpath component that’s invalid. The whole reason for that is not clear, but it has nothing to do with Lucene.

This is just a warning of javac, the compilation does not fail, so everything is ok. E.g. on our Hudson build we have the same with xbeans.jar.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de