Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Jared A. Zebedee" <ze...@cs.queensu.ca> on 2007/08/27 03:30:30 UTC

Adding Custom Capabilities to ManageabilityCapability Resource Property

Greetings all,

I have created a WSDM Manageable Resource with my own custom Manageability
Capabilities.  The custom Capabilities are associated with my own custom
Resource Properties using declarations in the Resource Metadata Descriptor.
Everything compiles and runs fine, but when I retrieve the
'ManageabilityCapability' Resource Property, I only see the standard WSDM
Capabilities (Identity, ManageabilityCharacteristics, and
OperationalStatus).

Does anyone know how to add custom Capabilities to the
ManageabilityCapability Property?  The custom Capabilities should be
included in the Property as soon as the Manageable Resource has started up.

Thanks

Jared Zebedee

RE: Adding Custom Capabilities to ManageabilityCapability Resource Property

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

The capabilities are defined in the muse.xml file - each <resource-type/>
has one or more <capability/> elements, each with a URI and implementation
class. The URI is, by convention, the XML namespace URI used for the
capability's properties and operations. This assumption allows wsdl2java to
group related properties/operations into different capability classes.

Dan

"Jared A. Zebedee" <ze...@cs.queensu.ca> wrote on 08/27/2007 12:39:43 PM:

> Dan,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I did as you said and it works great.
>
> I have another question: What exactly is the mechanism that Muse uses to
> determine the Capabilities a Manageable Resource defines?
>
> It appears to me that a Capability is created corresponding to each
> Namespace for which Resource Properties are declared.  Each Capability
URI
> appears to match the Namespace URI of the Resource Properties that are
> associated with it.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jared Zebedee

Resource
> Property
>

> For those capabilities that are management-oriented, change your
> capability's base class from AbstractWsResourceCapability to
> AbstractManageabilityCapability. The initialization code in the latter
will
> add your capability's URI to the ManageabilityCapability property
> automatically.
>
> Dan
>

> "Jared A. Zebedee" <ze...@cs.queensu.ca> wrote on 08/26/2007 09:30:30
PM: