Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Lean Cornelius <le...@sintrex.com> on 2004/07/15 13:43:48 UTC

Custom Rule

Hi there !

Im new to writing custom rules for SpamAssassin, and have been struggling on this problem for a month now.

Im running SpamAssassin v2.6 and MailScanner v4.23 .

I have been receiving allot of spam from people where the From: address contain my company's address
eg. john@xyz.com and the To: address contains eg. hendry@xyz.com

I need to drop all mail where the From: and To: contain @xyz.com
I created this rule, but it's been dropping allot of legal mail.

header __FAKE_FROM_MYCOMP           from =~ /(\@)(xyz)/
header __FAKE_TO_MYCOMP             to =~ /(\@)(xyz)/
meta FROM_MYCOMP_TO_MYCOMP (( __FAKE_FROM_MYCOMP + __FAKE_TO_MYCOMP) > 1)
score FROM_MYCOMP_TO_MYCOMP 20.0

Can someone please help me with my problem?

Regards
-Lean-

e-Mail:   lean.cornelius@sintrex.com