Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2003/12/18 22:48:52 UTC

Confused with PMCs, TLPs, ASF and Power?

Then try this:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaPMCPropsedChanges

It aims to be a starter course on why discssions about PMCs, TLPs, Jakarta
and the ASF appear, and possibly how they affect you. Be aware of the
disclaimer at the top, however trying to distill any controversial topic to
one page always ends up annoying someone.....

Stephen

Re: Confused with PMCs, TLPs, ASF and Power?

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
Very nice, this really clarifies the organizational structure and issues at hand.

Thanks,
Harish

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>:

> Then try this:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaPMCPropsedChanges
>
> It aims to be a starter course on why discssions about PMCs, TLPs, Jakarta
> and the ASF appear, and possibly how they affect you. Be aware of the
> disclaimer at the top, however trying to distill any controversial topic to
> one page always ends up annoying someone.....
>
> Stephen

Stephen,

Thanks for taking the time to attempt condensing an incredible amount of email
(on an incredible number of mailing lists) down to a single page that
highlights the key issues.

I wanted to let you know that I just committed a small patch to the Wiki page --
where you said "Note also that Struts committers have no rights to vote" I
added the parenthetical statement "(unless they are also members of the Jakarta
PMC)" which is true for several of us.  Indeed, the Jakarta PMC has been
growing lately in a deliberate attempt to encompass committer representation
from more Jakarta subprojects.

Craig