Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Siddarth <si...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 12:40:01 UTC

HTTP Client using MINA

I want to simulate an HTTP GET request , i want to write a Client programs
which talks to few websites and does an http Get

help appriciated

Re: HTTP Client using MINA

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
It appears HTTPClient is not NIO based, so the Mina alternative should
perform better.  However, there is the Apache httpcomponents-core that
is a part of the http components project that does appear to be NIO
based, although I don't know much about it's performance.

Jeff

Re: HTTP Client using MINA

Re: HTTP Client using MINA

Posted by hezjing <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Siddarth

Another alternative you may want look at, is HttpClient (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/).

On 9/21/07, Siddarth <si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to simulate an HTTP GET request , i want to write a Client programs
> which talks to few websites and does an http Get
>
> help appriciated

Hez