Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steve Pruitt <bp...@opentext.com> on 2018/08/06 17:18:27 UTC

executing /suggest in Admin Console

Changing the request handler to /suggest in the Admin Console Query panel doesn't work.  It was a guess on my part to see if it would.

Is the way to do this, or do I need to always use browser, postman, etc. for debugging?

Thanks.

-Steve

Re: executing /suggest in Admin Console

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/6/2018 11:18 AM, Steve Pruitt wrote:
> Changing the request handler to /suggest in the Admin Console Query panel doesn't work.  It was a guess on my part to see if it would.
>
> Is the way to do this, or do I need to always use browser, postman, etc. for debugging?

I've never used the suggest functionality in Solr, but I checked the
documentation, and the parameters look very different than a regular
query.  The query interface in the admin UI is designed for regular queries.

If you leave everything blank, and put the parameters you need into the
"Raw Query Parameters" box separated with ampersands, it might work.
Note that you'll probably have to manually URL encode any special
characters in that box.  Unlike the other boxes, the raw box is designed
to allow characters that are special in URLs.  I do not know if you need
to blank out the "q" box (which defaults to a value of *:*), but it
wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks,
Shawn