Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Josh Holding <jh...@voyagerlearning.com> on 2003/08/04 18:48:31 UTC

Logging issues in 1.4b4

I have seen and tried note 3 in the readme with this version, but I am still
having issues with logging.

I am using Tomcat 4.1.24, JDK 1.4.2, and Jetspeed 1.4b4.

I have configured web.xml as follows:
        <init-param>
          <param-name>logging</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLoggingService</pa
ram-value>
        </init-param>

my.properties has this:
  services.LoggingService.classname =
org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLoggingService
  services.LoggingService.default = jetspeed
  services.LoggingService.log4j.properties = /WEB-INF/conf/log4j.properties

With this or any number of other configurations I've tried, nothing at all
is output to the console.  No log files are created either.  The only way
I've been able to get anything to the console is with System.outs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for things to try?  I have run out of
ideas.
Thanks-