Posted to user@roller.apache.org by M B <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/11 03:03:08 UTC

User Data Object in Roller

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the logged in user name and email.
Is there anyway to do this because there is currently no user object defined
to get this information.

In other words I cannot use: $user.userName.

Thanks.

Re: User Data Object in Roller

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/10/07, M B <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to retrieve the logged in user name and email.
> Is there anyway to do this because there is currently no user object defined
> to get this information.
>
> In other words I cannot use: $user.userName.

That is correct. We do not provide access the the currently logged in
user. There are some methods in the $utlilities object for checking
the logged in state.

- Dave

Re: User Data Object in Roller

Posted by Nitin Lokhande <ad...@gmail.com>.
you can.
use rollersession class by that you can get username.
even you may get users email id also but i am nto sure about it.