Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de> on 2011/04/06 08:43:14 UTC

Documentation TOC/Navigation cleanup...

Hi,

for me it is hard to even find the stuff I documented myself.
This is why I made some changes to the styles (for better readability)
and updated the Navigation.

This is what it looks like here now. What do you think?

Re: Documentation TOC/Navigation cleanup...

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
I like "Beyond Building" too, so +1

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com>.
+1 on "Beyond Building"

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 07/04/2011, at 2:59 PM, Lars Corneliussen wrote:

>> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com> wrote:
>>> I have a question on ALM, can we replace it with something that a new user
>>> can easily understand? I'm sorry I also don't have anything in mind that
>>> could replace it but maybe we can brainstorm something.
>>
>> Or.. maybe the ALM section can just be removed then move "Release and
>> Version Management" inside Developer's Guide and "Artifact
>> Repositories and Automated Builds" under Get Involved?
>

> Don't think it belongs there. Both have very little to do with NPanday and would just get in the way when somebody wants to learn NPanday.
>
> Maybe renaming it to "Application Lifecycle Management" helps.
>
> Or "Beyond Building".
>
> "Maven Ecosystem"
>
> "Maven Ecosystem Beyond Building"
>
> I think Application Lifecycle Management is still the best of these choices. Beyond building sounds good, too.

"Using NPanday with ALM Tools"
"Using NPanday in Maven-based Infrastructure"

Beyond building is good too.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Documentation TOC/Navigation cleanup...

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.

Posted by Deng Ching <od...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com>.
I have a question on ALM, can we replace it with something that a new user
can easily understand? I'm sorry I also don't have anything in mind that
could replace it but maybe we can brainstorm something.

Otherwise it looks great :)

On another note, maybe we could ask from the list if there are any artists
out there who would be willing to make a logo for NPanday. It has been
awhile now :)