Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ki...@asknet.de on 2001/08/29 15:57:33 UTC

getSession takes more than 10 seconds

Hi,

We use tomcat 3.2.3. Our method getSession takes more than 10 seconds to
create a new session. Has anyone else the same problem?

Thanks,
Kirsten

Re: getSession takes more than 10 seconds

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>.
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 Kirsten.Gloeer@asknet.de wrote:

| Hi,
|
| We use tomcat 3.2.3. Our method getSession takes more than 10 seconds to
| create a new session. Has anyone else the same problem?

It's because of the "randomClass" attribute in the server.xml or what it's
called again. Look it up. Set it to java.util.Random instead of
SecureRandom (which takes _a lot of time_ the _first_ time it's invoked).
You'll find that subsequent new Sessions don't take this long.

SecureRandom is more "unpredictable", which is needed in production envs.

--
Mvh,
Endre