Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2005/02/12 21:46:17 UTC

Struts friendly way to switch between http and https?

Hello:

I have been writing a web app using struts and have to switch
back and forth between http and https (for the members' area
and the rest of the site).

So far, the only way I can figure out how to do this is to
generate the full path to an action (example:
https://dev.jammconsulting.com/pricetracker/register.do)
and pass that to the html:link as an href attribute.

When I want to switch back, I generate the full path
to the http mode page (example:
http://dev.pricetracker.jammconsulting.com/pricetracker/index.jsp)
and pass that to the html:link as an href attribute.

Since I am also using name-based virtual hosting, the
host name in the url is different for http and https mode.

Is there a more struts-friendly way to do this?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by

AW: Struts friendly way to switch between http and https?

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <st...@anotheria.net>.
The friendliest way is to let some piece of environment do the ssl,
i.e. the loadbalancer or an apache in front of your servlet container.

Regards
leon

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.