Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 15:04:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release RC 3 as Qpid Proton 0.12.0

Hi, everyone.  RC 2 had some embedded build output, which this RC removes.
Apart from that removal, it has the same content as RC 2.

The proposed release artifacts:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.12.0-rc3/

Please indicate your vote below.  If you favor releasing the 0.12.0 RC 3
bits as 0.12.0 GA, vote +1.  If you have reason to think RC 3 is not
ready for release, vote -1.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release RC 3 as Qpid Proton 0.12.0

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1

* I checked the JMS client with 0.12.0-rc3 against MRG-M 3.0 & 3.2 and
against Qpid C++ broker (trunk with 0.12.0-rc3)
* I checked the Qpid Messaging C++ client build with 0.12.0-rc3 against
MRG-M 3.0 and 3.2

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

tested building and running the rc2 on
  RHEL 6
  RHEL 7
  Windows 8 / VS2013 community / 64 bit
  Windows 7 / VS2008 / 32 bit

retested rc3 on the RHEL boxes.

The only issue was the known test hang (or false failures) of two C++
tests on RHEL 6 with the older python version (fixed now in
PROTON-1129).

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cs...@redhat.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Tested against Artemis with some minor changes (some deprecated methods removed on 0.11 I think. this is good to go.

--
-K

Re: [VOTE] Release RC 3 as Qpid Proton 0.12.0

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1 for releasing RC3

--
-K

Re: [VOTE] Release RC 3 as Qpid Proton 0.12.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, saved me sending that :)

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
The RC 3 maven repo:

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1.  Ran automated tests for Proton and the Qpid components that use Proton
on Fedora 23 x86-64.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10 February 2016 at 14:04, Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  RC 2 had some embedded build output, which this RC removes.
> Apart from that removal, it has the same content as RC 2.
>
> The proposed release artifacts:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.12.0-rc3/
>
> Please indicate your vote below.  If you favor releasing the 0.12.0 RC 3
> bits as 0.12.0 GA, vote +1.  If you have reason to think RC 3 is not
> ready for release, vote -1.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

+1

I verfified the only difference in the source archive since RC1 were
the two cpp binding changes, making this the same as what I tested
earlier after trimming RC2. I also ran the QpidJMS master build
against the staged maven repo bits to verify those. All seemed well.

Robbie

(sending separately to users@ this time, since I dont seem to know
where the reply-all button is today)

Re: [VOTE] Release RC 3 as Qpid Proton 0.12.0

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
The RC 3 maven repo:

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/10/2016 09:04 AM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  RC 2 had some embedded build output, which this RC removes.
> Apart from that removal, it has the same content as RC 2.
>
> The proposed release artifacts:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.12.0-rc3/
>
> Please indicate your vote below.  If you favor releasing the 0.12.0 RC 3
> bits as 0.12.0 GA, vote +1.  If you have reason to think RC 3 is not
> ready for release, vote -1.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

+1

Tested ActiveMQ using the staged artifacts
Tested Qpid JMS with the staged artifacts
Built from source and ran the tests.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Release RC 3 as Qpid Proton 0.12.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.