Posted to user@ant.apache.org by salt2012 <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/22 22:28:05 UTC

Automating cvs modules checkout with build.psf using Ant Script

Hi All,

I am able to checkout the projects directly in ant script using cvs commands
but i need an sample for the following requirement. Please help.

Need to run build.xml ant script with project name as argument. Ihe script
should take the build.psf and needs to checkout the required projects to the
local workspace.

Thanks in advance.
Salt

AW: AW: Automating cvs modules checkout with build.psf using Ant Script

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
> Sorry. I am not getting your point. I am trying to use the
> projectSetImport to get the project names from the build.psf which is
> below.
>
> <target name="loadProjectSet">
> 	<projectSetImport ProjectSetFileName="build.psf" />
> 	<echo>Loaded projects = ${ImportedProjectNames}</echo>
>     </target>

Have a look at the documentation
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm
.ant.tasks.doc/topics/tantprojectsetimport.html

> But i am getting the below error while executing the build.xml
>
>  Problem: failed to create task or type projectSetImport
> Cause: The name is undefined.
> Action: Check the spelling.
> Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
> Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken
> place.

This task is not part of Ant. So you have to declare it before you could use
it.
http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/antlib.html#loadFromInside
http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/taskdef.html

Jan

Re: AW: Automating cvs modules checkout with build.psf using Ant Script

Posted by salt2012 <wr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. I am not getting your point. I am trying to use the projectSetImport
to get the project names from the build.psf which is below.

<target name="loadProjectSet">
	<projectSetImport ProjectSetFileName="build.psf" />
	<echo>Loaded projects = ${ImportedProjectNames}</echo>
    </target>

But i am getting the below error while executing the build.xml

 Problem: failed to create task or type projectSetImport
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

I dont know what i am doing wrong. Please help.

AW: Automating cvs modules checkout with build.psf using Ant Script

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
> I am able to checkout the projects directly in ant script using cvs
> commands but i need an sample for the following requirement. Please
> help.
>
> Need to run build.xml ant script with project name as argument. Ihe
> script should take the build.psf and needs to checkout the required
> projects to the local workspace.

Take your working build script and replace your cvs project name by
${cvs.project.name}. Then start your Ant buildfile with
-Dcvs.project.name=anExistingCvsProject

As this is a required parameter you could also check its presence:
  <project>
    <fail message="Please specify cvs.project.name"
unless="cvs.project.name"/>

Jan