Posted to user@struts.apache.org by cree <vi...@oswego.edu> on 2008/03/25 19:13:44 UTC

Problem with dojo loading dynamic html source

My problem arises when I write out html to a jsp in a way like
out.println("<s:a href...");.  Well the <s:a html is built on server side
with theme="ajax" and targets set to a panel div.

The line is similar to  <s:a theme="ajax" targets="somePanelDiv"
href="...">Link</s:a>

When dojo renders this source I get an error of:

DEBUG: DEPRECATED: dojo.widget.Manager.getImplementationName Could not
locate widget implementation for "a" in "s.widget" registered to namespace
"s". Developers must specify correct namespaces for all non-Dojo widgets --
will be removed in version: 0.5
DEBUG: dojo.widget.Parse: error:Error: Could not locate widget
implementation for "a" in "s.widget" registered to namespace "s"

This is returned for each link.  Now I can confirm that all links that I am
streaming onto the jsp do work, but they work only when statically embedded,
this error is thrown when using out.println.

I looked around to if or how to specify the namespace in this instance, but
one, I couldnt locate any sound sources,  and two I am confused on why this
is not a problem when the source is statically placed inside the jsp.

If anyone can lend some inisight on this problem I am having, or a direction
to point me in I would appretiate it.

Re: Problem with dojo loading dynamic html source

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- cree <vi...@oswego.edu> wrote:
> My problem arises when I write out html to a jsp in a way like
> out.println("<s:a href...");.  Well the <s:a html is built on server side
> with theme="ajax" and targets set to a panel div.

That's not how things work.

JSPs are compiled (by the container) into a servlet; you don't have a JSP,
you have an output stream, so there's no compilation process, hence no custom
tags will be executed.

Dave