Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Powell, Gareth" <ga...@bluefinger.com> on 2005/02/03 18:21:56 UTC

Problem undeploying Cocoon webapp from Tomcat

Hi

	I currently have the following problem. When redeploying a cocoon
based webapp into Tomcat the deployment fails. This appears to be caused by
tomcat maintaining a hold on the cocoon-2.1.6 jar after the webapp has been
undeployed. All other artefacts in the exploded directory are successfully
removed. The exploded webapp directory cannot be removed until tomcat has
been shutdown. Once this has been done the war can be deployed. Has anybody
else come across this behaviour and if so has a solution/workaround been
discovered. I appreciate that in many cases this wouldn't normally be a
hindrance, but due to my particular circumstances it is becoming a complete
pain having to go through the process of stopping Tomcat, removing the
webapp manually and restarting before each deployment.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards

Gareth

Gareth Powell
Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834994
email: gareth.powell@bluefinger.com
BlueFinger Limited
Underwood Business Park
Wookey Hole Road, WELLS. BA5 1AF
Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834900
Fax: +44 (0) 1749 834901
web: www.bluefinger.com
Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple Quay,
BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. You should
not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in
error. No binding contract will result from this e-mail until such time as a
written document is signed on behalf of the company. BlueFinger Limited
cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this
message as it has been transmitted over public networks.***