Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by 梁彬彬 <li...@meituan.com> on 2020/11/20 07:36:01 UTC

Bug Report:grpc tls assertion failed when using pyarrow(2.0.0) flight client get data

Hello,
When I using pyarrow flight client get remote data, I encounter the "assertion failed" problem:
[cid:38F65524-75DE-4C9A-9D57-2D857AA1503D@sankuai.info]

It seems the grpc bug. And it is similar with the previous problem: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-7689 .
And the record of grpc is : https://github.com/grpc/grpc/issues/20311

In my project, the version of pyarrow is 2.0.0, and the version of grpcio is 1.33.2. Both are the latest version.
[cid:ED9104BF-37F5-4663-947B-BE4D66917F1E@sankuai.info] [cid:AF8FB7E3-A66D-4579-8AE6-8B14C8F912D9@sankuai.info]

When I change the version of pyarrow from 2.0.0 to 0.17.1, the problem disappeared.

I am confused why the latest version of pyarrow will cause the bug? And the old version will not?
Is this a bug?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Bug Report:grpc tls assertion failed when using pyarrow(2.0.0) flight client get data

Posted by 梁彬彬 <li...@meituan.com>.
Ok, I have open a Jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-10678.
Thanks.

2020年11月20日 下午10:39,Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>> 写道: