Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Shivam Chaturvedi <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/08 17:28:37 UTC

Customizing Lucene

Hello Devs,
I'm working on a project that requires me to customize a few aspects of
Lucene. Though, I still would like to use Lucene with Python which then
requires me to work with PyLucene. Is it possible for me to customize
Lucene in Java and then use the Python interface to use it with Python (or
Maybe Django).
Also, what would be the best way to go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Customizing Lucene

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 8, 2015, at 08:28, Shivam Chaturvedi <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Devs,
> I'm working on a project that requires me to customize a few aspects of
> Lucene. Though, I still would like to use Lucene with Python which then
> requires me to work with PyLucene. Is it possible for me to customize
> Lucene in Java and then use the Python interface to use it with Python (or
> Maybe Django).

Yes, PyLucene is built by producing C++ and Python classes with JCC that wrap Lucene's Java classes.

> Also, what would be the best way to go about it?

Add your new Java classes to the JCC invocation in PyLucene's Makefile either directly or via a jar file.

Andi..