Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2001/07/18 14:26:45 UTC

[C2 patch] updated i18transformer

Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	Many thanks to those who sent me feedback regarding the updated i18n
	transformer. Attached are the updated sources ready for use.

	I've also updated the sample webapp so that it works correctly with
	multiple dictionaries, and also have attached a xsl stylesheet for
	converting between the old message catalogue and the new
	(convert.xsl).

	The implementation is based on the XMLResourceBundle classes available
	from the Avalon scratchpad. These classes are included above, but can
	be removed when they make their way into Avalon proper. The classes
	also support caching, although the 'cache-on-startup' option isn't
	implemented optimally just at the moment (see my previous mail
	regarding 'SourceResolver in configure'), but I'm working on it! :-)

	I'm also going to add transformer parameter support so that people can
	override the definition time options in pipelines. Sample
	documentation is in the javadoc class header.

	Please feel free to send in more feedback/comments, etc.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:

Re: [C2 patch] updated i18transformer

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi Dims,

	Looks good. Thanks for your help. :-)

	(Konstantin, can you please also check to make sure none of your i18n
	code is broken ?)

	If no-one has any objections, the LangSelect action can now be
	removed, as the locale action now superseeds it (LocaleAction was based
	on the original LangSelect code), and i18n transformer no longer
	depends on it.

	Similarly the RequestParamMatcher can also be removed, as the
	RequestParamAction also superseeds it (RequestParamAction was based on
	the original RequestParamMatcher code).

	If no-one has any objections of course. :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Marcus,
>
> All Checked into C2.1 Branch for now. Please cross-check. I will start a vote to see if this can
> be included in C2.0-Beta2 soon.
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>
> --- Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > 	Hope all is well.
> >
> > 	Many thanks to those who sent me feedback regarding the updated i18n
> > 	transformer. Attached are the updated sources ready for use.
> >
> > 	I've also updated the sample webapp so that it works correctly with
> > 	multiple dictionaries, and also have attached a xsl stylesheet for
> > 	converting between the old message catalogue and the new
> > 	(convert.xsl).
> >
> > 	The implementation is based on the XMLResourceBundle classes available
> > 	from the Avalon scratchpad. These classes are included above, but can
> > 	be removed when they make their way into Avalon proper. The classes
> > 	also support caching, although the 'cache-on-startup' option isn't
> > 	implemented optimally just at the moment (see my previous mail
> > 	regarding 'SourceResolver in configure'), but I'm working on it! :-)
> >
> > 	I'm also going to add transformer parameter support so that people can
> > 	override the definition time options in pipelines. Sample
> > 	documentation is in the javadoc class header.
> >
> > 	Please feel free to send in more feedback/comments, etc.
> >
> > 	Cheers,
> >
> > 	Marcus
>

> =====
> Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
> http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Marcus,

=====