Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chanan Braunstein <cb...@knovel.com> on 2004/03/12 17:26:46 UTC

Tomcat 5 -server option and log files

Hello,
    I am trying to get Tomcat 5 to work with the server jvm, but I am having
some problems.
    First I tried adding -server to the java options in the configure Tomcat
program. When I did that Tomcat wouldn't start. Then I set
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_02\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll - This worked and using stress test
tool I found a significant boost in my web application - However, once I set
the JVM to this path I no longer get any output to the log files of Tomcat.
Neither from Tomcat itself or from my own logging commands.
    So, my question is two fold:
    1) What is the correct way to set the JVM to use Sun's server JVM?
    2) How do I get log output after I do that?

Chanan Braunstein
Knovel Corp.
Web Development Manager
607-773-1840 x672