Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2017/07/18 18:57:42 UTC

Pulsar web site is online!

The new website is now online at

https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/

For devs:
 * All the contents is now under ./site/ directory

 * Any change to the docs merged to master will appear quickly online

 * Refer to
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/blob/master/site/README.md for
information on how to test locally the changes to site

Please submit PRs for anything out of place you see.

Matteo

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Taylor,

Thanks, that’s it. Specifically this anchor: https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#navigation

Regards,
Dave

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.

> 1. Under "Client Libraries", the links below C++ returns 404 except
> "Python docs".
>
> I don't understand why the build didn't include the Javadoc and Doxygen.
That should be something on the Makefile.

> 2. There seems to be some encoding issue: e.g:
> https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/getting-started/
> ConceptsAndArchitecture/#Architectureoverview,
> I see texts like "Pulsar’s key features include:"

Ok, I didn't see any encoding problem before (I was trying on MacOS with
Chrome and Safari)

I'm trying to fix it. I'll send out a PR shortly.

Dave & Taylor: Thanks for the links instructions. I'll add that as well

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 12:40 PM, Sahaya Andrews <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Nice! Looks good.
>
> 1. Under "Client Libraries", the links below C++ returns 404 except
> "Python docs".
>
> 2. There seems to be some encoding issue: e.g:
> https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/getting-started/ConceptsAndArchitecture/#Architectureoverview,
> I see texts like "Pulsar’s key features include:"
>
> Nozomi & Yuki,
>
>  When I go to japanese under documentation, it does not look Japanese
> to me:) Can you also check?

Both 2 and the Japanese issue is the fact that the HTML needs to force the Browser to use UTF-8.

I see it properly in Safari once I force the encoding.

This page may be helpful: https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-changing-encoding <https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-changing-encoding>

Regards,
Dave

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Matteo,

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 2:55 PM, Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> sorry for late reply

No concerns.

>> You might take a look at https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking
>
> I went through this and so far we don't have any external links / logos. Is
> there any specific point you were thinking about?

I think it is important to be aware f these items. I think that the mention of Yahoo’s donation is fine on the page.

I just want to make sure that Pulsar represents independence properly.

Thanks for looking.

>> There are links to GitHub.com/yahoo/pulsar
> <http://github.com/yahoo/pulsar> that are no longer valid in the docs - on
> InstanceSetup for example.
>
> Thanks for catching, will fix these.
>
>> We need to discuss where the podling should place Apache releases. Is
> Github.com <http://github.com/> acceptable or is the project required to
> use Apache Dist and the Mirrors?
>> Also - Pulsar team it would be good to show on the downloads page that
> version 1.18 was the release just prior to moving to the Apache Software
> Foundation.
>
> I think we should stick with the regular Apache process, and maybe just use
> github releases page as a place where to have the release notes and links
> to the actual download page.
>
> I agree we need to mark the 1.18 release as the "last release before
> entering incubation". I'll add the disclaimer on the webpage.
>
> So, we're still kind of bridging the gap from old-repo and releases model
> to the new one. I think we should try to get an Apache release ready ASAP,
> so that it will be easier to normalize all links, processes and
> documentation.

Sure if it is time to do 1.19 (incubating) that would be a good process to go through. Of course version number could be different….

Regards,
Dave

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

sorry for late reply

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Matteo,

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 10:35 AM, Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, the encoding issues should have been fixed by the build last night.
> (It's still strange that was not showing up on certain machines compared to
> others.. even using the same browsers.. )
>
> Taylor, Dave: We also added the standard ASF links in the "Community"
> drop-down. Please take a look.

Looks good. The “Apache” header might be redundant, but that’s up to the Pulsar team.

You might take a look at https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking

> The Javadoc link was fixed and the C++ Doxygen and Python generated docs
> are still broken, though a fix is on the way:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/pull/585

There are links to GitHub.com/yahoo/pulsar that are no longer valid in the docs - on InstanceSetup for example.

Mentors - See pages https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/deployment/InstanceSetup/ <https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/deployment/InstanceSetup/> and https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/download/ <https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/download/>

We need to discuss where the podling should place Apache releases. Is Github.com acceptable or is the project required to use Apache Dist and the Mirrors?

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pulsar web site is online!

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.