Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl> on 2006/09/05 09:50:03 UTC

isSupportedProperty method taking insane amount of CPU

Hello,

I am using the Slide 2_1 release branch, and have been profiling to see find a bottleneck in performance. In
org.apache.slide.webdav.util.isSupportedProperty there is:

public boolean isSupportedProperty(String resourceUri, String propertyName, String propertyNamespace) throws SlideException {

        updateDescriptors(resourceUri);
        return getComputedPropertiesNames().contains(propertyName);
    }

First of all, the getComputedPropertiesNames().contains(propertyName) always returns false for me. Wether it is for liveProperties or not. Removing the updateDesriptors and return false instantly, does not seem to effect slide in any possible way for me. Speedup of dasls are about 50% for me.

Question: Does anybody know when and whatfor this isSupportedProperty is used? I suppose it is called many times, and takes a long time to compute. But, as far as I can see, they never change.

Regards Ard

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11