Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Leon <su...@labwayit.com> on 2013/09/28 16:54:25 UTC

Is there particular consideration to open a new transaction to invoke ?

In most cases, that's OK. But we meet problem when our <permission-service>
need to access new record created in main transaction. It cause "dead
locking" in Derby database.

I find the following code piece:
resp = dispatcher.runSync(permission.name,  ctx, 300, true); //
org.ofbiz.service.ModelService: line 983

and, I'm not understand the reason behind the "true" here. Any harmful or
side-effect to change it to "false"?

Re: Is there particular consideration to open a new transaction to invoke ?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I see no other reason than to introduce a timeout

Jacques