Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/05/25 16:10:13 UTC

Lenya CSS menus

Hi

The Lenya CSS is sometimes intefering with custom CSS and vice versa.

I think it would make sense to introduce a namespace like declaration
for the Lenya CSS.

WDYT?

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Lenya CSS menus

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jonathan Linczak wrote:

>> The Lenya CSS is sometimes intefering with custom CSS and vice versa.
>>
>> I think it would make sense to introduce a namespace like declaration
>> for the Lenya CSS.
>>
>> WDYT?
>

> If you are referring to the recently back-ported CSS menus into 1.2.4-dev,

that's where I noticed it, but I guess it would make sense for the rest
as well

> I did the best I could to label each of the IDs with lenya- something
> or another.

I didn't mean to complain about your implementation, but it seems to me
that there
still must be some issues with it

> I agree with you though, make sure this is completely separated from
> the other CSS with unique IDs that relate to the Lenya menu only.

right

Thanks

Michi

> Jon

Michael Wechner

Re: Lenya CSS menus

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
> The Lenya CSS is sometimes intefering with custom CSS and vice versa.
>
> I think it would make sense to introduce a namespace like declaration
> for the Lenya CSS.
>
> WDYT?

If you are referring to the recently back-ported CSS menus into
1.2.4-dev, I did the best I could to label each of the IDs with lenya-
something or another.  I agree with you though, make sure this is

Re: Lenya CSS menus

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Dave wrote:
> To make sure CSS files of sites always work correctly wouldn't it be
> best if the viewing area of Lenya was in a iframe. This way CSS files of
> the site wouldn't be changing things it shouldn't and CSS files could
> always assume the actual site is right inside the body.
>
> I know that iframes aren't in strict xhtml, but this would solve all
> problems. Also Iframes are already being used by wysiwgs so we shouldn't
> be worried about iframes not working in all browsers.

-1

iframes add a lot of needless complexity. we experimented with iframes
about 2 years ago, and quickly scrapped the idea as you have to keep
track of the iframe, and update accordingly.

Re: Lenya CSS menus

Posted by Dave <da...@max-imp.com>.
To make sure CSS files of sites always work correctly wouldn't it be
best if the viewing area of Lenya was in a iframe. This way CSS files of
the site wouldn't be changing things it shouldn't and CSS files could
always assume the actual site is right inside the body.

I know that iframes aren't in strict xhtml, but this would solve all
problems. Also Iframes are already being used by wysiwgs so we shouldn't
be worried about iframes not working in all browsers.

Thanks,
David