Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tomasz Borek <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/21 13:54:18 UTC

Invalid pom during release perform while valid during usual mvn install

Ave!

I've a problem with mvn release:perform, which fails on invalid POM and
cuts of it's dependencies giving me compilation failure later

*EVEN THOUGH POM is valid.*I've arrived here via:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/mail-lists.html

Full problem description is available at SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23546159/false-compile-error-during-mvn-releaseperform-says-invalid-pom-while-pom-is-fin

I'm quite puzzled what's going on, any pointers are welcome.

pozdrawiam,
LAFK

RE: Invalid pom during release perform while valid during usual mvn install

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

> From: tomasz.borek@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:28:01 +0200
> Subject: Re: Invalid pom during release perform while valid during usual mvn install
> To: users@maven.apache.org
>
> My thanks for speedy reply Baptiste. I'm using
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.3.2
>
> pozdrawiam,
> LAFK

> > Which version of the maven-release-plugin are you using?
> >
> > Cheers

> > > Ave!
> > >
> > > I've a problem with mvn release:perform, which fails on invalid POM and
> > > cuts of it's dependencies giving me compilation failure later
> > >

> > > *EVEN THOUGH POM is valid.*I've arrived here via:
> > >
> > http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/mail-lists.html
> > >
> > > Full problem description is available at SO:
> > >

> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23546159/false-compile-error-during-mvn-releaseperform-says-invalid-pom-while-pom-is-fin

MG>at  least *one *  repository in <distribution-management> should reference the repository which contains MG>org.springframework.jdbc-<version>.jar an example of which  is:
      <distributionManagement>
        <repository>
          <id>spring-milestone</id>
          <name>Spring Milestone Repository</name>
          <url>http://maven.springframework.org/milestone</url>
        </repository>
        <snapshotRepository>
          <id>spring-snapshot</id>
          <name>Spring Snapshot Repository</name>
          <url>http://maven.springframework.org/snapshot</url>
        </snapshotRepository>
      </distributionManagement>

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
hi,

what the release:perform is not more then:
- check out the tag to target/checkout
- run 'mvn deploy' from this directory

so please verify the content of the target/checkout directory and try to
run 'mvn deploy' from this directory.
that should give you a hint what went wrong.

thanks,
Robert

Posted by Tomasz Borek <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
Which version of the maven-release-plugin are you using?

Cheers

> Ave!
>
> I've a problem with mvn release:perform, which fails on invalid POM and
> cuts of it's dependencies giving me compilation failure later
>

> *EVEN THOUGH POM is valid.*I've arrived here via:
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/mail-lists.html
>
> Full problem description is available at SO:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23546159/false-compile-error-during-mvn-releaseperform-says-invalid-pom-while-pom-is-fin
>
> I'm quite puzzled what's going on, any pointers are welcome.
>
> pozdrawiam,
> LAFK

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !