Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2005/08/10 03:40:41 UTC

[Proposal] Pluto 1.0.1 - General Availability

I'm wondering what others thoughts are concerning a general availability
release of Pluto 1.0.1.  After 4 release candidates, I believe that we
are nearing enough stability to release full 1.0.1 version of Pluto.

I would like to propose that we push towards a GA release near the
beginning to middle of September.  This release should container bug
fixes and small enhancements but no major refactoring.  What are others
thoughts?

David

Re: [Proposal] Pluto 1.0.1 - General Availability

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>David H. DeWolf schrieb:
>

>>I'm wondering what others thoughts are concerning a general availability
>>release of Pluto 1.0.1.  After 4 release candidates, I believe that we
>>are nearing enough stability to release full 1.0.1 version of Pluto.
>>
>>I would like to propose that we push towards a GA release near the
>>beginning to middle of September.  This release should container bug
>>fixes and small enhancements but no major refactoring.  What are others
>>thoughts?
>>

>+1
>
>Release often, release early
>
>Carsten

+1

(sorry for the late reply was the last weeks on vacation, thanks to all
for making RC4 happen!)

Stefan

Re: [Proposal] Pluto 1.0.1 - General Availability

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
David H. DeWolf schrieb:
> I'm wondering what others thoughts are concerning a general availability
> release of Pluto 1.0.1.  After 4 release candidates, I believe that we
> are nearing enough stability to release full 1.0.1 version of Pluto.
>
> I would like to propose that we push towards a GA release near the
> beginning to middle of September.  This release should container bug
> fixes and small enhancements but no major refactoring.  What are others
> thoughts?

+1

Release often, release early

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [Proposal] Pluto 1.0.1 - General Availability

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
David,
I'm all in favor of releasing 1.0.1 ASAP, but I think we should resolve
all high priority bugs before we push 1.0.1 out the door. Pluto-92 is at
the top of my list.
/Craig

"David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>
08/09/2005 09:40 PM