Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com> on 2006/07/13 12:34:10 UTC

[Axis2]Re: determining the source IP for a SOAP request

Irfan Habib wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In a axis2/c service how do I determine the IP of the
>machines which initially sent the message.

You mean in the axis2 service level ? If the endpoints are addressing
enabled you can get it from AXIS2_MSG_CTX_GET_FROM() (which returns an
endpoint reference - from which you can extract the address).
Otherwise it is not possible, because this information is a property of
transport layer of the axis2 - not something at service level.
There is always possibility you can do some hacking to enable this and
sending us a patch :)

- sahan