Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Olivier MOUGEL <mo...@wanadoo.fr> on 2002/04/01 11:54:44 UTC

Can't create sample adressbook db

Hi Xindice users

I try to create the sample bd following the install.windows instruction

I receive this message :

###################################

C:\xindice>xindiceadmin ac -c /db -n addressbook

ERROR : A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be created. Error:
http://localhost:4080/db_bootstrap.ior
C:\xindice>

#####################################

Any ideas

Best regards

Olivier MOUGEL
Bordeaux - France

RE: Can't create sample adressbook db

Posted by Jayaram Narayana <na...@india.hp.com>.
hi olivier,

are you sure you started the server right? that is, do you see the 'Server
Running' message on the console? chances are port 4080 may be in use by
another app.

HTH,
-nani