Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sa...@IN.Safenet-inc.com on 2006/08/24 08:58:39 UTC

[users@httpd] apache hangs on 100% cpu usage

hi,
	I have observed that whenever there is 100% cpu usage on my machine
due to various applications, apache running on same machine hangs. No page
is served. There is only parent process left and all other httpd processes
disappear. On doing strace on the parent process it shows writing to a pipe:
write(8, "!", ... .

On closing other applications to make cpu usage to 0% still not recovers the
situation. Only apache restart is the solution.

Please help debug the situation,
Regards,
Satinder Singh