Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Edwards, Jayme" <JC...@software.rockwell.com> on 2000/05/19 17:37:41 UTC

Problem/issue with Schema validation in XSP/XSL

Using Cocoon with versions of Xerces prior to 1.0.4, my development team had many style sheets that used the XPath document() function to load external W3C XML Schemas to help with the generation of the transformation of documents. As per upgrading to 1.0.4, even with the parser.validate = false option set in cocoon.properties, the instance of the XML Parser/XSL Processor used to load documents loaded by the XPath document() function still attempts to look up the XML schema documents (by URL) mapped to namespaces in schemas. I've seen in the change log for Xerces that a fix was made in the last 2 releases to not lookup schemas when validation is turned off - and this appears to work when a document is simply the source of the transformation - but loading external node sets with document() is not behaving consistent with how cocoon.properties is configured. Not sure who's issue this is but it needs to be either fixed, or the ability to configure validation features for the pars!
!
er XPath uses must also be accessible through some sort of Cocoon configuration. I've copied the Xerces and Xalan lists as well.

Jayme