Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by hitendrapratap <hi...@target.com> on 2017/01/26 18:15:25 UTC

How to get On heap memory usage for a map?

How to get On heap memory usage for a map? I have looked into CacheMetrics
but it doesn't have this info. Is there any other way to get the same?

Re: How to get On heap memory usage for a map?

Posted by hitendrapratap <hi...@target.com>.
I have followed http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.5/docs/capacity-planning
for capacity planning. But I have a question regarding "Add around 20MB per
cache." line.  Does it mean per cache entry, per node, per map?

I have inserted only 1 entry in the cluster. Following are the stats:

Size of 1 entry =108KB
1 Node internal memory = 200-300MB. So we have 4 servers and 2 clients.
4 Node internal memory = 300MB*4 = 1.2GB
Not sure what does "Add around 20MB per cache" means?

Heap memory used across the cluster = 11745159288 = 11GB
[igniteInstance.cluster().metrics() -> ClusterMetrics.getHeapMemoryUsed]

I am trying to understand why the heap memory is 11GB?

Finally I want to measure amount of heap memory (ONHEAP) in bytes used by
this map if insert 1million entries.

I was looking into igniteInstance.cache(mapName).metrics() which return
CacheMetrics for that mapName.

Re: How to get On heap memory usage for a map?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
What do you mean by usage? Which metrics are you looking for exactly?

-Val