Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Spam <ps...@mac.com> on 2010/07/22 01:21:14 UTC

Count hits per document?

If I search for "foo", I get back a list of documents.  Any way to get a per-document hit count?  Thanks!

-Pete

Re: Count hits per document?

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
You have to store the termvectors when you index, and then retrieve
them when you do a query. Highlighting does exactly this; the easy way
to do this is to ask for highlighting and search for the highlighted
words, and count them.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com