Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steffen Mutter <st...@gnuher.de> on 2015/01/10 00:34:49 UTC

First start with Spamassassin Debian 7 wheezy postfix and dovecot amavisd

Hi,

I just started fiddling around with spamassassin, very good software but
a high level of complexity. Already run into several problems because
mail headers were not rewritten and whitelisting of mails did fail ->
had to trigger amavis to do the job.

sa-learn is nice, but it does not work with dovecots mdbox, so I wrote a
wrapper to store mails in mbox, which works like this:
all mails in INBOX are treated as ham
all mails in INBOX.Junk are treated as spam, mails savedbefore 3w are
marked as deleted, mails savedbefore 1d marked as read
works with the mailowners very well so far.

spamassassin configuration files reside in /et/spamassassin/ so I think
I have to do the configuration here, why do I have to repeat
configuration in amavis?!?

Okay, here's now a problem I couldn't solve:
debian-spamd -c "sa-update --nogpg --channel
spamassassin.heinlein-support.de"

replies:
http: GET 3.3 request failed: 400 URL must be absolute: 400 URL must be
absolute
error: no mirror data available for channel spamassassin.heinlein-support.de
channel: MIRRORED.BY contents were missing, channel failed

Huh?
There is a file in
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.003002/updates_spamassassin_spamassassin.org/
named MIRRORED.BY
Do I have to insert something here, to get the channel working?
What do I have to do to add some channels?
Where do I find debian specific howtos?

Please forgive me, I am sure you already answered questions like mine a
thousand times - I am just a newbie...

Kind regards form Germany,
Steffem

Re: First start with Spamassassin Debian 7 wheezy postfix and dovecot amavisd

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 10.01.15 00:34, Steffen Mutter wrote:
>I just started fiddling around with spamassassin, very good software
>but a high level of complexity. Already run into several problems
>because mail headers were not rewritten and whitelisting of mails did
>fail -> had to trigger amavis to do the job.
>
>sa-learn is nice, but it does not work with dovecots mdbox,

does dovecot's antispam plugin (http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Antispam)
work with amavisd? I would start searching here...

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.

Re: First start with Spamassassin Debian 7 wheezy postfix and dovecot amavisd

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

 http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

> Okay, here's now a problem I couldn't solve:
> debian-spamd -c "sa-update --nogpg --channel
> spamassassin.heinlein-support.de"
>
> replies:
> http: GET 3.3 request failed: 400 URL must be absolute: 400 URL must
> be absolute
> error: no mirror data available for channel
> spamassassin.heinlein-support.de channel: MIRRORED.BY contents were
> missing, channel failed
>
> Huh?
> There is a file in
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.003002/updates_spamassassin_spamassassin.org/
> named MIRRORED.BY

That's for the default channel. If that updates successfully then
presumably it's a problem with spamassassin.heinlein-support.de.

> Do I have to insert something here, to get the channel working?
> What do I have to do to add some channels?

It's a long time since I've used a third-party channel, but I don't
recall having to do anything.