Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de> on 2005/02/14 14:17:10 UTC

preRetrieveContent in subclass of AbstractInterceptor is never called

Hi List

I just tried to implement my own Interceptor.

I subclasses org.apache.slide.content.AbstractContentInterceptor and over wrode all preXXX and postXXX Methods.

If I understood the docu right, everytime a user does a GET or a PROPFIND preRetrieveContent will be called bevore the request is
executet and postRetrieveContent will be called after the request was executed and the content or property was returned.

However my preRetrieveContent-method is never called. No matter wheter I do a GET or a PROPFIND, postRetrieveConten is called, but
not preRetrieveContent.

In Domain.xml I set the Interceptor:  <content-interceptor class="test.slide.SimpleInterceptor"/>

I am running slide 2.1.

Has anyone an idea why preRetrieveContent is not called?

thanks in advance

SVen

RE: preRetrieveContent in subclass of AbstractInterceptor is never called

Posted by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de>.
Hi again

I just looked through the slide sources and found something odd.

In org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl you have 5 constants PRE_STORE ,POST_STORE ,POST_RETRIEVE ,PRE_REMOVE and POST_REMOVE but no
for PRE_RETRIEVE and in all relevant methods you call

	invokeInterceptors (SlideToken token, NodeRevisionDescriptors revisionDescriptors,
         NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor,
         NodeRevisionContent revisionContent, int type)

but not before you retrieve the content. Is this intended, or did you simply forget it.
This makes preRetrieveContent in all subclasses of Interceptor useless, because it is never called.

SVen