Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/30 17:13:29 UTC

[math] location for 1.0, 1.1 javadocs

I am in process of rolling what I hope will be the final 1.1 RC. We need to
settle the issue of where to locate the 1.0 and 1.1 javadocs. If there are
no objections, I plan to rename the /api directory that contains the
1.0javadoc to api-1-0 and create a api-1-1 for the
1.1 javadoc, keeping /apidocs for current development. Any problems with
this?

Phil

Re: [math] location for 1.0, 1.1 javadocs

Posted by Al Chou <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
> > I am in process of rolling what I hope will be the final 1.1 RC. We need to
>
> > settle the issue of where to locate the 1.0 and 1.1 javadocs. If there are
> > no objections, I plan to rename the /api directory that contains the
> > 1.0javadoc to api-1-0 and create a api-1-1 for the
> > 1.1 javadoc, keeping /apidocs for current development. Any problems with
> > this?
>
> I believe this is a good pattern, although using a - instead of a . is a
> little unusual. This is the JodaTime route, [collections] is slightly
> different:
>
> apidocs - cvs latest
> api-1.0 - version 1.0
> api-1.1 - version 1.1
> api-release - symbolic link to latest version (used on website)
>
> Stephen

I prefer this latter naming convention using the .'s in the version numbers.

Al

Re: [math] location for 1.0, 1.1 javadocs

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.