Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/03 20:24:53 UTC

Trouble with the Selenium tests

So, we've never had a successful run of the Selenium tests on vmbuild.

As of May 20, we had a run that completed with six tests failed.
After that (May 27 and 29) the test run is not finishing and still
shows in progress (though I doubt there is still a process doing
anything):

http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResults.action?projectId=2284&projectGroupId=69

r779341 is a suspect as the only continuum-webapp-test commit in that
timeframe, but I don't see anything obviously wrong, and the tests do
run to completion (with failures) locally.

Any ideas?

--
Wendy

RE: Trouble with the Selenium tests

Posted by José Morales Martínez <jm...@gmv.com>.
I run the test on Windows and I get an error in intallation tools tests. This is because java.home and maven.home are replaced by path with backslash and when read this property, bakcslash is
interpreted.

One option to solve this problem is to make a replace ( "\\", "\\\\") file before get Properties. Someone knows other solution more elegant?

The rest of my test work successfully.

-----
Jose
So, we've never had a successful run of the Selenium tests on vmbuild.

As of May 20, we had a run that completed with six tests failed.
After that (May 27 and 29) the test run is not finishing and still
shows in progress (though I doubt there is still a process doing
anything):

http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResults.action?projectId=2284&projectGroupId=69

r779341 is a suspect as the only continuum-webapp-test commit in that
timeframe, but I don't see anything obviously wrong, and the tests do
run to completion (with failures) locally.

Any ideas?

--
Wendy

______________________
Gracias por su colaboracion.
______________________
______________________

RE: Trouble with the Selenium tests

Posted by José Morales Martínez <jm...@gmv.com>.
Wendy.

I checked Working Copy Files and I found :

Test set: TestSuite
Tests run: 149, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1,442.586 sec

You can find this result in \target\surefire-reports\TextSuite.txt

This file is in date 'May 29, 2009 11:57:13 PM PDT'  (last build).

I think problem is: maven-surefire-plugin doesn't return SUCCESS message and then don't finish build process.

WDYT?

-----
Jose

Posted by José Morales Martínez <jm...@gmv.com>.
I will try to detect the problem. It's a little difficult because I haven't got problems in local
but I will search about this problem.

----
Jose