Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henning Petersen <he...@daenen4.de> on 2009/07/30 13:49:46 UTC

combine-scripts issue

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing seemingly random problems when I use combined scripts
under IE7 and IE8. It seems that sometimes, these browsers are unable to
fully load the combined script. In IE8, I see a permanent loading spinner,
and the page remains completely unresponsive to user input due to
Tapestry.waitForPage() (so that part _is_ loaded). I get this in IE7, too,
but there, the "Please wait" dialog displayed by Tapestry.waitForPage()
shows up and does not go away, as the request never completes.

All this is very hard to reproduce. It happens every once in a while on
pages with a certain set of scripts, and not at all on others. Also,
reloading the page ususally fixes the problem, which then later re-appears
sometimes. And I have never seen the problem in FF, Chrome or Safari, which
makes everything extra-hard to track down. There is also a web proxy
involved in the setup.

Setting tapestry.combine-scripts=false completely solves the problem. Have
you observed similar problems with combined scripts, or do you have a wild
guess what I'm missing?

Thanks
Henning

Re: combine-scripts issue

Posted by Sergey Didenko <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes, please, see (and vote for)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-712

P.S. I have another thought what can be the reason. I will investigate this.