Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/08/24 20:32:23 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/src/services/java/org/apache/fulcrum/localization Localization.java

on 8/24/01 8:55 AM, "dlr@apache.org" <dl...@apache.org> wrote:

> dlr         01/08/24 08:55:20
>
> Modified:    src/services/java/org/apache/fulcrum/localization
>                       Localization.java
> Log:
> Marked getService() as final as a hint to the compiler to inline
> method body.

With HotSpot, I don't think this is needed, but ok...

-jon

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/src/services/java/org/apache/fulcrum/localization Localization.java

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> writes:

> on 8/24/01 8:55 AM, "dlr@apache.org" <dl...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > dlr         01/08/24 08:55:20
> >
> > Modified:    src/services/java/org/apache/fulcrum/localization
> >                       Localization.java
> > Log:
> > Marked getService() as final as a hint to the compiler to inline
> > method body.
> >

> With HotSpot, I don't think this is needed, but ok...

It's not needed with Hotspot (server edition, at least).  I wouldn't
want anyone overriding that method, though, either (it would be
unnecessary).