Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 19:56:06 UTC

mapreduce.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum property not working with YARN

Hi All,

I have a hadoop2.0.0-alpha hadoop/hbase cluster runnning on CentOS6.0. The
cluster has 4 admin nodes and 8 data nodes. I would only like run one
mapper/reducer at a time on each nodemanager. For doing that i had set the
following properties in my mapred-site.xml. However setting this property
is not having any impact on YARN, YARN is running simultaneously 8 map
tasks on one NodeManager.

<property>
  <name>mapreduce.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>1</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>mapreduce.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>1</value>
</property>

Is there some other property i need to set for YARN?
--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: mapreduce.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum property not working with YARN

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

I would appreciate if someone can share their views on the problem below. I
am going to file a JIra for the same. If someone thinks that i am
missing(or my conf is incorrect) something then please let me know.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,