Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cathy Osekizoglu <hi...@yahoo.ca> on 2002/09/18 20:08:26 UTC

not really solved

 Hi:
I have
payment.do and myForm are correctly configed in struts-config.xml. When I submit the form by clicking on radio button, the URL changed to http://localhost:7001/rootContext/payment.do, which is expected, but the page displayed "error 500-internal server error". The error log is:"RequestProcessor---null". If I use a submit button to submit the form, it works fine. Is there something wrong with radio button onclick? any ideas? I am using struts1.1
 Thank you  for your help.

---------------------------------

RE: not really solved

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Hmm. Thats wierd.
I cant imagine that it is a problem with the radio button onclick as it
appears to be submitting the form to the correct url. The only thing I can
think of (and its just a guess as you havent included your code in the
question you posted) is that the submit button sets a value that is being
submitted and that something expecting this value throws an exception when
it doesnt find it (as it would not be set by the javascript submission).
Are you perchance using a DispatchAction, and the submit button sets your
method parameter?

btw: Are you using IE with "show friendly error messages" enabled? If so
switch off this option as its a bit like Zaphod Beeblebrox's sunglasses when
it comes to errors in that it hides the actual error message making it
harder for you to track down the cause of problems...