Posted to user@ant.apache.org by merlin_the_happy_pig <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2008/09/05 17:06:12 UTC

Integrating a performance testing (profiler) tool with Ant

I have a requirement to run some performance tests against a bit of kit that
my company develops. I have downloaded the free jprobe version, and can run
it and find where potential issues are. It would be nice if I can integrate
jprobe performance tests into our build process, but I can't see a way of
doing this with Performance tests (i have seen tasks for code coverage).

Does anyone know if I can do this (jprobe does not seem to have a CLI) or if
there is any other profiler that would let me do this?

-Merlin

AW: Integrating a performance testing (profiler) tool with Ant

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
First Google hit
http://www.google.de/search?q=jprobe+ant+task
http://www.quest.com/Quest_Site_Assets/PDF/Readme-JProbe70.html
"Ant Tasks
Ant Tasks automation is updated to include JProbe and JUnit Ant Tasks. The JProbe Ant Tasks executes a Java Class within JProbe or an Integration ID for any of the analysis tool, Memory, Performance, or Coverage. The JProbe Ant Tasks executes the JProbe command line tools and exposes most of the command line arguments of these tools as Ant attributes or nested elements. For more information about Ant Tasks, see the JProbe Ant Tasks Guide."

Jan