Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/04/06 03:58:04 UTC

[ApacheDS] [1.5.0] Release jars available to test before deployment

Hi all,

I know I dragged this out for a while and am truly sorry for that.  Here are
the release candidates
for ApacheDS 1.5.0.  Please kick the tires (all of em) and give me feedback
so I can push out
the artifacts to Ibiblio.org and the installers to the Apache Mirrors.

Also Enrique if you can take the Kerberos and Changepw services for a ride
that would be great
since we don't have many tests for these to guarantee we did not break
something with all the
new features added to this fresh new feature branch.

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] [1.5.0] Release jars available to test before deployment

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Alex has created a maven plugin that generates installers (RPM, windows,
etc.)

So as far as I know new installers are usually generated, including RPM,
for each release.

The current RPM installer installs everything with one RPM package.

However we are working on a more modular install using individual
packages for each library and installing all the files
using FHS conventions.

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

I've created an RPM factory maven plugin (User guide here - Just drop it
in the eclipse plugins directory and look for RPM Factory User Guide in
eclipe help):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/oersoy/guides/rpm.factory.user.guide

It produces RPMs out of jar artifacts in the maven repository.

I've also rewritten the startup shell script, and I can send it to you
if you want to have a look.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Thanks and good luck to you too.  I finally built that rpm and deployed it
to my area.

Why don't you give it a try.  Here's that link again ...

http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/apacheds/candidates/1.5.0/apacheds-1.5.0-linux-i386.rpm

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hey Chris,

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
The Windows and Linux installers work fine.

Stefan

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Did I not include that.  I think I also have to do the RPM.  Shoot!

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.