Posted to community@apache.org by Adam Walczak <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 00:56:27 UTC

Survey about open source projects

Hello,

I'm conducting a survey about how open source projects are organized.
It's part of the www.openeo.biz community initiative which goal is to
research organizational structures of open source projects and
business models of companies related to them.

Could I kindly ask you to help us spread the word about this survey
among project maintainers hosted on the Apache Foundation.
Is there perhaps any other forum or mailing list on which it would be
appropriate to post this information ?

The survey takes about 15 min and is available at:
http://www.openeo.biz/limesurvey/index.php?sid=94442

If anyone would like to share a more detailed description about a
project it can be added directly to our knowledge base:
http://www.openeo.biz/summary/
or can just be mailed directly to me@adamwalczak.info

Thank you for your time.

--
Adam Walczak
www.openeo.biz

Re: Survey about open source projects

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't know of any but I have a new suggestion for scientific research:
Someone could examine the effects of too many surveys on open source on
the expressiveness of such surveys over time. ;-) Frankly, I'd rather
these people spent more time participating in open source than writing
the same surveys over and over.

On 23.12.2009 02:28:34 Nick Chalko wrote:
> Is there a FAQ that asks people not to ask us to fill out surveys?

Jeremias Maerki who has stopped filling out surveys on open source long
ago.

Re: Survey about open source projects

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> wrote:
> Is there a FAQ that asks people not to ask us to fill out surveys?

Steve Loughran had good comments on this back in 2007:
http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?publicid=E47B0A97528CCD973524C9A938A2E8D9

-Bertrand

Re: Survey about open source projects

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Is there a FAQ that asks people not to ask us to fill out surveys?