Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by "scott comer (sccomer)" <sc...@cisco.com> on 2008/11/12 15:53:03 UTC

moderate, blech!

ok, i'm hating this moderate stuff. which groups does it make sense on,
and not, and how do we control it?

scott out

Re: moderate, blech!

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:45 AM, scott comer <sc...@cisco.com> wrote:
> yes. it doesn't seem like it should be necessary to confirm every message
> from jira announcing commits. but i don't see a way to allow jira to post
> without also causing mail to the group to go back to jira.

On the moderate email, hit reply-all (instead of reply) and I believe
you will get an address in the CC that will allow all future messages
from that source.

You also need to do this the first time a new committer does a commit
that causes an email to be sent.

-Yonik

Re: moderate, blech!

Posted by scott comer <sc...@cisco.com>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM, scott comer (sccomer)
> <sc...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> ok, i'm hating this moderate stuff. which groups does it make sense on, and
>> not, and how do we control it?
>>

> ??  Are we talking mailing lists?
>

> Cheers
> Niclas

yes. it doesn't seem like it should be necessary to confirm every
message from jira announcing commits. but i don't see a way to allow
jira to post without also causing mail to the group to go back to jira.

eek,
scott out

Re: moderate, blech!

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.