Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Deep Singh Bhau <db...@in.firstrain.com> on 2002/02/12 12:53:23 UTC

problem in running servlets

Hi

I have put the Servlet class(DeepServlet.class) in a folder which is
there in my classpath. And I have set the following in web.xml(it is
within the folder WEB-INF UNDER MY APPLICATION).

<web-app>

        <servlet>
            <servlet-name>deep</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>com.servlet.DeepServlet</servlet-class>
        </servlet>

                        <servlet-mapping>
                                    <url-pattern>/deep</url-pattern>
                                    <servlet-name>deep</servlet-name>
                        </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

BUT IM OPENING IT IN BROWSER

http://localhost:8080/deep/deep

ITS GIVING PAGE NOT FOUND.

Please comment

Regards,
Deep

Re: problem in running servlets

Posted by tarunjava <ta...@yahoo.com>.
i hope by classpath u mean u have put the class file in the directory /My
Application/WEB-NF/lasses/ folder . If it is anywhere else it wont work ~!
tarun