Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh Kapur <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/05 04:10:13 UTC

Suggester Issue

Hi,

I tried to implement suggester using SOLR 6.0.1 with context field. PFB the
configuration we are using to implement suggester

  <searchComponent name="suggest_sitesearch" class="solr.SuggestComponent">

    <lst name="suggester">

      <str name="name">mySuggester</str>

      <!--<str name="lookupImpl">FuzzyLookupFactory</str>-->

      <str name="lookupImpl">AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory</str>

      <str name="indexPath">suggester_infixdata_dir</str>

      <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>

      <str name="field">SearchSuggestions</str>

        <str name="contextField">BrandName</str>

      <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">suggest</str>

      <str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>

      <!--<str name="buildOnStartup">true</str>-->

    </lst>

  </searchComponent>

  <requestHandler class="solr.SearchHandler" name="/suggest_sitesearch">

    <lst name="defaults">

      <str name="suggest">true</str>

      <str name="suggest.count">10</str>

      <str name="suggest.dictionary">mySuggester</str>

      <!--<str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>-->

    </lst>

    <arr name="components">

      <str>suggest_sitesearch</str>

    </arr>

  </requestHandler>

But I am not able to get the desired output using suggest.cfq parameter.
Could you please help me in getting the correct output.

-Thanks,

Rajesh Kapur

Re: Suggester Issue

Posted by Rajesh Kapur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have reinstalled the solr and it is working fine now. Couple of issues I
am facing now are:

1. Cfq parameter is expecting only brand-name as configured. So now if I hv
special character like - in brandname I am not able to fetch the suggestion

2 I want to fetch the suggestion filtered on 2 fields, is that possible?

Thanks
On 06-Jul-2016 3:37 PM, "Alessandro Benedetti" <ab...@apache.org>
wrote:

From a brief look to the config files it seems fine to me, but I didn't
have the chance to try it.
Have you checked that you have nothing in the Solr logs ?
You can potentially need to debug.

Cheers

http://localhost:9090/solr/collection1/suggest_sitesearch?suggest=true&suggest.build=true&suggest.dictionary=mySuggester&suggest.q=shampoo&wt=json&indent=true&suggest.cfq=mybrand

--
--------------------------

Benedetti Alessandro

Re: Suggester Issue

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
From a brief look to the config files it seems fine to me, but I didn't

Re: Suggester Issue

Posted by Rajesh Kapur <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Suggester Issue

Posted by Rajesh Kapur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Suggester Issue

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
Hi Rajesh,

--
--------------------------

Re: Suggester Issue

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
Taking a look to the code, basically the context field act as the default
field in a Standard Query Parser.
Even if having multiple context fields seems to be supported when building
the auxiliary suggester index, it doesn't seem to work at query time.

If you specify the context only at query time ( through the .cfq) is not
going to work , as the context field is required to build properly the
auxiliary suggesting index.

Any additional insight is welcome,

Cheers

--