Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com> on 2002/09/04 10:56:30 UTC

RE: [mark your calendars] Cocoon GetTogether / Belgium - 2002-11- 19

> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> Ugo Cei wrote:
> > Steven Noels wrote:
> >
> >> Outerthought is happy to announce its one-year anniversary, and is
> >> hosting a Cocoon/Forrest-related event on November 19th 2002 to
> >> celebrate this. In the 'morning' (10AM-2:30PM), we will
> host an informal
> >

> > Cool! Unfortunately I was planning to attend ApacheCon in
> Las Vegas from
> > Nov 18th to Nov 21st. Do I have to make a choice? :(
>
> We organized this event for people not being able to attend ApacheCon
> overseas - maybe we can set up a video link ;-)
>
> Seriously: it was an arbitrary decision based on the availability of
> facilities. I wasn't even aware of the overlap - bummer.
>
> Should you come... yes, of course :-) As far as feedback so far is
> concerned, some international guests (i.e. non-Benelux) will
> be welcomed :-)

What are the costs for visiting Belguim? I have some unused vacation days ;)

Konstantin

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

 > What are the costs for visiting Belguim? I have some unused vacation
 > days ;)

if you can hike into Paderborn, Germany, I'm sure Matthew and Carsten
would give you a ride :-)

http://radio.weblogs.com/0103021/2002/09/04.html#a365

Ghent is typically less expensive than European capitals (London,
Brussels, etc). There's lodging available at any price. The event itself
is held a little bit outside Ghent, but setting up some taxi service
shouldn't really be a problem.

You'll find Bruges in close proximity to Ghent, which apparently is a
must-see for all Japanese visitors doing their European Hajj. The nice
thing about Ghent itself is that you can actually walk across the city
in an hour - while it is a big city to Belgian parameters, it is still a
cosy place. And there is the Belgian beer and general tendency to like
the nice things in life, of course :-)

</Steven>